So we’ll get back to our regularly scheduled European tour next week. Until then, I have to talk about Haven. These girls–my team, my tribe, my loves–and I pulled off another successful conference, and we left feeling pretty darn happy about it. We also left feeling utterly exhausted. 🙂 Before the conference, I told you a number of things that wouldn’t happen at Haven. Well now I’m going to tell you…
5 Things That Did Happen at Haven
1. I stayed in a 2,000 square foot suite, yet I had the least amount of sleep I’ve had in years.
When you’re sharing a room with someone just as dorky as you are, you go to bed giggling like little school girls, and you wake up complaining about how tired you are.
2. I struggled finding the camera…
and then I nailed it.
And then I found a bunch of other girls to nail it too.
3. I laughed until I hurt with some of my oldest and dearest blog friends. They kept me up way too late, and it still wasn’t enough time together. They complete me.
4. I met some of my closest friends for the first time. Some of them I’ve been stalking privately for a while, but others were very aware of it. Either way, my life is better having met them, and I am counting the days until I see them again. Myra, Beth, Sarah, and I are doing our best to act normal here. We should have won a Klondike bar.
5. I danced until I hurt. You truly have no idea what the power of a Ryobi hat, Run DMC, and some skilled dance partners can do to you. Your mind says you’re back in high school, but your body soon reminds you that you haven’t been there in a long time.
And this, my friends, explains it all. We let loose, lived free, and laughed incessantly for a few solid days. Even if you don’t want to learn a single thing at this conference (as IF), it will fulfill your “girlfriend fix” for a long time. Or at least until you get on the plane home and feel utter sadness because you miss them so very much.
6. (I know–I said 5). I let a lot of new friendships slip through my fingertips. The level of love is at such a high at Haven that it can be impossible to get in touch with everyone. I had SO many people I wanted to meet or spend more time with, but there just wasn’t enough time. It’s a good regret to have, I guess, but it’s a regret nonetheless. So if I didn’t make you my best friend this year, don’ worry. There’s 2014.
Dude, I could just eat you up right now. These photos are the best! (Well, they’d be better if I was in one of them next to you. Clearly.) I’m super sadz that I have no reason to “run into” you in Michigan. But I just Google-Mapped it and it would take me like 12 hours to drive there.
Stacy Risenmay says
I love you, even though you posted that horrendous picture of me. Why was I in the front again? Good times!!!
Looks like you had a very fun time! That’s awesome!
And 2,000 sq ft! That’s nearly 2 of my house put together! I couldn’t imagine! I bet that was really comfy!
Jennifer@The Chronicles of Home says
Great recap 🙂 Absolutely everyone I know who went said it was amazing and your pictures look like SUCH a madcap blast!
Bwahahahaha!! When you put all of the pictures together like that it appears we definitely reverted back to being 14 for the entire conference. Thank goodness for the classy designer girls to pull us back to normality for at least one pic :).
Kelli Fox says
Yay! Good times – I thoroughly enjoyed my time at Haven. I didn’t EVEN get to meet as many people as I wanted (including you) as we were running around learning, snapping pics, eating (omg did we EAT), and otherwise being amazed at all the cool stuff the vendors presented. *Sigh* I look forward to meeting you next year and until then, I don’t like to say good-bye, I say TTYL 😉
FRECKLES CHICK says
I literally LOL’d several times reading your recap. Also, I was glued to your IG updates during Haven, loved them! Also also, I need to get my bum to Haven 2014 so I can meet you in person. I get the feeling you bring the party wherever you go. #beerponginyoursuite
Kelly @ thelilypadcottage says
Ha! Loved your recap and your photos! So sad we didn’t get the chance to chat some more. We must have been busting our H.S. moves on opposite ends of the Ryobi dance floor cuz I missed you! Oh well there’s always next year right? In the meantime I think we need to do a Michigan blogger hang out, you know, all 4 of us bloggers here… 🙂
Two Thirty~Five Designs says
LOVE!!! Had a blast, and meeting you was the best, muah!
Kim Thomas says
I am one year into blogging and wanted to attend The Haven badly. I was waaayyyy too late as I learned that it sold out two weeks after tickets went on sale! After seeing your pics, I’m so jealous and definitely have it marked to get tickets early for 2014! Thanks so much for sharing! It looks like you had a blast.
Sarah @ Thrifty Decor Chick says
Uhhh…I love you. And miss you. That last picture is pretty amazing. 😉