Hello! I’m alive! If you’ve been checking in on social media, you know I’m planning a graduation party for my son THIS Saturday. I may or may not be on the verge of a nervous breakdown. No big deal.
So the girls and I are working SO HARD making this the greatest HAVEN ever for you! Of course, one of our favorite traditions has become our mentor program and doing this little blog hop to introduce them to you! “That’s so fun, Chris!” I know.
Take a moment and check out those lovely mentors! Am I right? We take our time to really choose bloggers who we feel are solid contributors to the blogging community. I’d say we did well, eh?
If you don’t know me, Hi. I’m Chris! I’m one of the founders of Haven, and this is my house! My HAVEN.
All the mentors are answering some fun questions in their posts, so I’ll answer them too. Because I want to feel cool.
What is your best advice for a blogger?
Oh man. Let me begin with chapter 1…just kidding. I’m going to tell you my top three because after 10 years of blogging, even I have to remind myself of them!
- Stay consistent, but don’t be hard on yourself when you’re not.
- Don’t compare yourself to others–even when you reeeaaally want to.
- You do you. Overwhelmed by social media? Afraid your analytics isn’t up to par. Don’t fret. There are bigger things to worry about. Ya know?
What is your best advice for a new Haven Maven?
Gosh. Do whatever you need to do to have fun. Let your guard down, talk to people you don’t know, stay up later because the conference only lasts for so long, and take lots and lots of notes. Go to as many classes as you can and ask questions!
Who are you most excited to see/meet at Haven this year?
- All Haven attendees (yes, they count as one). Haven is like Christmas for us planners. We finally get to see it all coming together and seeing YOU have a good time. It’s seriously a high like no other.
- My best girls. I talk to them every day; I see them once a year. We’re changing that at some point, but I can’t WAIT to hug them!
Sarah Thrifty Decor Chick | ME! | Beth Home Stories A to Z