I know. I’ve been MIA. Between my “real” job and some behind the scenes work, blogging had to suffer. Sorry. How ‘bout I make it up to you?
Stuff is starting to happen with Haven, and we are ready to shout it from the rooftops. You don’t have a ticket yet? Uhhhh….you’re gonna want one now! You know these people, right?
Well, somehow we bribed them blackmailed them convinced John and Sherry to be our keynote speakers at the conference. YEAH, we did!
The news doesn’t stop there. We’re also starting to map out our class schedules, and we confirmed some HEAVY hitters for our speakers. Ya ready?
Ana White (yes, THAT Ana White) and Rashon Carraway of Mr. Goodwill Hunting will be two of our speakers. Pretty cool, eh? I know we’re excited!!
And finally, we’ve been mapping out what classes we’re going to offer. Obviously, this is subject to change, but here’s where we are now. Crazy good stuff, I tell ya.
- Brave it Off Auto: Photography Workshop
- Pimp Your Photos: Photo Editing and Styling
- Laminate, Wood, & MDF, OH MY: Furniture Painting Tips for Beginners
- Beyond the Basics: Advanced Furniture Painting Techniques
- Go Ahead & Let Your Slip Show: Basics of Slipcovering
- Frugally Fabu-less Decorating: Introduction to Thrifty Shopping
- Power Tools for Divas: An Introduction to how to properly and safely use power tools like a pro.
- Just Build It: Introduction to Carpentry and Woodworking with Ana White!
- Build-a-Room: Basics in Room Design
- I Like Big Blogs: Tips on Growing your Blog
- Meet Me at the Water Cooler: The Importance in Using Social Media
- Hobby Gone Wild: How to Take Your Blog from a Hobby to a Business
- Walking the Tightrope: How to Achieve Balance in Family & Blogging
- Show Me the Money: The Ins, Outs, and Ethics of Blog Advertising
In case you’re wondering just how legit this conference really is, you might want to check out our sponsors page. Again—heavy hitters.
And finally…if you haven’t purchased a ticket, and this was just the information you needed, head on over! You can purchase them here!
Okay…I’ll be back. I promise. I actually got something done this weekend, and I’m ready to show you!
Mr. Goodwill Hunting says
So much goodness is happening at Haven2012. I am certainly honored to spend 2 days with all of you amazing women. Its going to be EPIC!
Mr. Goodwill Hunting
Epic! I love it, Rashon! Thank you for being a part of it!
Erin @ How to Nest for Less says
I can’t believe the round up for Haven 2012!! I’ve had my tickets and hotel room booked for quite some time, now just countin’ down the days 🙂 Missed your posts last week, but totally understand how busy you can get with a “real” job. Hope all is well!!
Thank you for understanding, Erin. The guilt gets overwhelming at times! Hoping to be back to “normal” now! 🙂 Can’t WAIT to meet you!
Wow! John & Sherry are such rock stars! That’s awesome! I’m hoping to be able to make it to Haven. It hits the end of finals week, so I’m waiting to see if my 15yo will be done with finals before buying my ticket. Hopefully they’ll come out with the test schedule soon.
Jill Peters says
I wish I could come…can you have one of those fun conferences in our great state of Michigan??? I think everyone would love it! I will help you put it all together! 🙂
linda (burlap+blue) says
This lineup sounds amazing!!! Pretty sure I am attending, it’ll be my first blogging conference (can you say nervous and excited at the same time??!!). Yay! xoxo
I’m still considering buying a ticket. After seeing the workshop list and the guest speakers, I want to come even more than before.
Looks like you will have a great time.
Happy Anniversary by the way. Congratulations!
Seems you are blogging less and less these days. I understand you are busy with… life, but you hooked me last year. Loved when you incorporated your family and well, yes the Nemesis. Now your blog seems so much more commercialized. I really miss the good ‘ol days, Chris. Your sense of humor always put a smile on my face. Well, I guess I can always read your archives.