I decorated my porch with mums, and it looks like fall. So the title is fitting, no? Ha! The second those mums come into stores, I’m all over it. What can I say? They’re so pretty!
Inexpensive Fall Porch Checklist
So how do you replicate a look like this without breaking the bank? I won’t say it’s cheap, but I think I’ve figured out how to keep my cost low. Here’s what I suggest-
- Find the cheapest mums you can find. Even some that are past their bloom or marked down because they’re not as healthy. A bunch of my mums were $2.00!
- Use perennials that are out of season. I choose filler pieces that are essentially dying off that are on clearance. Again…some of my grasses were only $1.00.
- Search for pumpkins! I found a place that sells them 4/$20, and I get them all there. Pumpkins (at least pretty ones) can be super expensive! Who knew?
- Don’t be afraid to move your plants around. Borrow from other areas of the house. Even this arrangement won’t stay. Once the weather changes, they actually flourish longer if I move them to other areas of my yard.
- And finally, stick with a color combo. I find that if you use variations of the same mum or stay within a color scheme, it actually has a much bigger impact!
These wide steps were kind of a huge accident when we built this deck, but man did it turn into a happy one! So thankful I have the room to play around with these things!