I’ve been on the hunt for just the right lamp for my “in the works” craft room/office. Luckily, Salvation Army had just the one I was looking for. Unluckily, it was pretty uhhh…tall.
I knew I was madly in love with the base, so I threw the $8.00 at the lady (thinking I was paying too much), and ran out of the store. I, of course, forgot to take a picture of the shade I bought, but it’s this one from Target. It was #14.99.
I made the rosettes out of strips of the same fabric and applied them with hot glue. The same hot glue that I believe gave me 2nd degree burns on my finger. I got the idea and tutorial from several different sites. I simply typed in “fabric rosettes”, and the information came pouring at me.
I purchased a bundle of these flowers for $5.00 at Hobby Lobby and stuck them in a small bowl with some iridescent rocks I already had. Since this is essentially my room, I’m taking advantage of making it a little more girly. I’m LOVING it.
It’s certainly not a finished room, but it’s getting there. Until then, I’ll just stare at my new lamp. And the 3cm blister on my finger.